Houdini - Compositing
In the Edit > Preferences > Compositing we can set how many threads we want to use for the cooking and the Tile Size of each chunk of the tiles that will be processed. We can also set the Resolution Limit. If we do a mosaic of 1 K images we can exceed this limit and that can lead to issues.
The turn of the thumbnails of each cop node we can disable view > Show Node Previews in the menubar of the cop network view.
To set the Composit Project Settings and adjust things like resolution we go Edit > Compositing Settings This means that any nodes that we add that does not have an input will use this resolution (unles we override the resolution on the node). This means that we can work at a lower rez and set it higher when we export the images.
|Nuke nodes||COPS equivalent|
|Write||ROP File Outout|
|Color Correct||Color Correct|
|Premult / Unpremult||Premultiply|
Lets create a mosaic of an image sequence on disk:
- In the Cops context create an Image Network (or use the default one)
- Create a File node and set the file to the image sequence.
- Note! if the images are not a sequence create a File node per image and create a Sequence node and plug in the file nodes.
- Create an Mosaic node and plug in the file or sequence node we created earlier.
- Create and append a Scale node and set the scale and filter to what you need.
- Append a Rop File Output